JOMY cage ladders are permanent ladders with a safety cage. This JOMY safety cage can be composed of complete hoops, 3/4 hoops or 1/2 hoops.
According to standard ISO 14122-4 (machinery access), a safety cage is required for ladders above 3m (except when a lifeline is used). The safety cage has to provide a free diameter at a minimum of 65cm and a maximum of 80cm.
Each JOMY safety cage is composed of five round cage uprights at 18mm, which pass centrally through the hoops with square section of 25mm. The free diameter within the hoops is 70cm. The vertical distance between the hoops can be fixed freely according to required specifications. It is recommended to limit this vertical distance to a maximum of 1m.
A JOMY permanent cage ladders in one piece cannot be longer than 10m according to standard ISO 14122-4 (machinery access). Longer JOMY ladders must be composed of multiple fights, each at a maximum of 6m. The user can switch from one flight to the next via rest-landings.
The permanent cage ladders and its safety hoops are constructed from light weight aluminum profiles. The fixing clamps specially designed by JOMY are used for the attachment of wall fasteners and safety cage hoops to the ladder uprights.
- Extruded profiles in marine quality anodized aluminum.
- All nuts and bolts in stainless steel with nylon buschings where needed.
- Factory polyester powder coating in any RAL color is available.
- JOMY cage ladders comply with prevailing ISO, EN and OSHA standards.
- Standard elements assemble to any desired length with joint interlocking uprights.
- Uprights are oblongs profiles of 75mm x 25mm x 2mm.
- Rungs are inserted and snapped into the uprights.
- Anti-sip rungs are ribbed on the upper side.
- Useful rung width is 400mm.
- Rungs are placed every 280mm.
- Other dimensions are available on request.
- The cage can be composed of full hoops, 3/4 hoops or 1/2 hoops.
- The clearance in the cage is 700mm.
- The cage is made of hoops and aluminum bars that provide a sturdy straight lined caged that has a long life - span without deformations.
- Caged can be foreseen with a flared entrance according to OSHA specs.
Access to the cage ladder
Many solutions are available to access your ladder from the top, the side or the bottom in a way that is easy and safe.
JOMY cage ladders can also be equipped to be burglar-resistant.
Access from top
- Widened upright extensions, with or without safety cage
- Telescopic handrail
- Roof-edge access landing, also called parapet landing
Access from side
- Custom access landings for ladders without cage or with 3/4 safety cage.
Access from bottom
- Counterbalanced lower sliding ladder.
- Access door with padlock.
- Cage barrier.
Single flight cage ladders
For a permanent ladder in one piece to be safe, it cannot be longer than 10m. A permanent ladder that is smaller than this has a single flight.
Ladder with safety cage and multi-flights
Multi-flight cage ladders with a height of over 10m are adressed in standard ISO 14122-4 (machinery access) and in the OSHA rules.
To be safe, a permanent one-piece ladder cannot be longer than 10m. Longer ladders, for roof maintenance or access need to be composed of multiple flights. Each flight can be no more than 6m long. The user can switch from one flight to the next via rest-landings with special safety cages.
JOMY has standarized these intermediate rest-landings while allowing the cage to be uninterrupted from one ladder to the other.